- 2kg pork belly piece only skin removed/cut into blocks of serving portions as required (mains 7cmx10cm)
- 1 Jar Goan Cuisine Tandoori Paste
- 2 cans crushed tomato
- 1½ cup cooking oil of your preference
- 1.5 kg Delaware potatoes peeled/cut in half and boiled until just cooked through
- 2 cups yoghurt
- Simmer pork belly pieces in water in large stock pot until tender (a knife should glide through without resistance). This should take about 2 hours. Keep checking it after the first hour.
- Lift out pork pieces and place in large bowl.
- Combine 2/3 of the jar of GC Tandoori Paste with 3/4 cup oil 1 cup water and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Mix through pieces of pork belly and allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and brush oven rack with oil.
Lift pork pieces from marinade and place on oven rack (RESERVE MARINADE).
- Place baking tray directly underneath with 2 cms water.
- Bake pork for 30 minutes until surface is sealed and sizzling.
- During baking check to make sure water has not evaporated, top up from the corner of the tray with water bottle.
For Red masala sauce
- Place marinade from pork in small pot with tomatoes and simmer-add water if too thick-season with salt and brown sugar if required.
- Add julienned fresh chilli if higher heat level is preferred.
- While plating up, pour sauce over each piece of pork.
- Combine 1/3 of GC Tandoori paste, yoghurt, ½ cup oil and 1 teaspoon salt and fold through potatoes.
- Bake at 200 for 20-30 minutes until spiced yoghurt coating is well sizzling.
Serve Red Masala Pork Belly & Roast Potatoes with GC Chilli and Lime Sambal and a soft goat cheese and chopped mint smash- Sensational!