- 1 x 2kg boneless rolled leg of lamb
- 1 Jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala
- 1 cup cooking oil of your preference
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 pce fresh green chilli de-seeded and roughly chopped
- Remove netting from lamb
- Seal off on all sides until well browned in large frying pan or griddle with ½ cup cooking oil
- Combine 1 Jar Goan Cuisine Vindalho Masala, ½ cup cooking oil and salt
- Baste lamb with mixture
- Place leg of lamb in insert of slow cooker and add fresh green chilli and set on High for 6-7 hours (check guidelines for your slowcooker)
- Add water so level just comes up to 1/3 of insert (careful not to add too much water, or add less water and check on level during cooking and add small amounts if necessary. The amount of water required will vary according to the size of the slow cooker and leg of lamb).
Optional: when meat is tender add par boiled potatoes and cook further until potatoes done; you may need to add a bit of water if there is not enough gravy for the potatoes to cook in.
Serve with sour dough bread or boiled basmati rice and Goan Cuisine’s Mango Chutney and a fresh chop of cucumber/tomato/red onion/mint/green chilli in lime juice.