- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 kg lamb shoulder diced
- 1 piece sweet potato diced
- I jar Goan Green Curry
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chilies de-seeded
- Salt to taste
- Fry onions in oil until brown
- Add lamb and fry on medium high heat until sealed through stirring often
- Fold through 1 jar Goan Green Curry
- Add coconut milk, green chilli and water to just barely cover
- Transfer to slow cooker and set to cook
- Halfway through cooking time add sweet potato
- When tender and cooked through add salt to taste, coriander to garnis
- Enjoy with boiled basmati rice and Goan Cuisine Cucumber Achar
- Meat: Chuck steak, brisket, lamb forequarter chops, half and half pork belly and shoulder, half and half pork soft bone and pork shoulder, boneless rolled leg of lamb.
- Poultry: Chicken thigh bone in skin off, chicken thigh boneless skinless, whole chicken cut into pieces, duck Maryland pieces.
- Seafood: Prawns, mackerel/salmon cutlets, snapper/barramundi/whiting fillets, squid, crabs, mussels/pipis.
- Vegetable: Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, corn wedges, cauliflower, green beans, peas, potato and sweet potato
- Lentils: Green, Red, Yellow, Split peas.
- Legumes: Chic Peas, Black-eyed beans, kidney beans, butter beans.
Cooking time guidelines – if the standard cooking time is:
- 15-30 mins, cook it for 1-2 hours on High or 4-6 hours on Low
- 30 mins – 1 hour, cook it for 2-3 hours on High or 5-7 hours on Low
- 1-2 hours, cook it for 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low
- 2-4 hours, cook it for 4-6 hours on High or 8-12 hours on Low