- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 hard-boiled eggs cut in halves
- 1 large onion sliced fine
- 6 garlic cloves sliced fine
- 1 tbsp. julienne of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. Goan Cuisine Tandoori Paste
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ bunch fresh coriander chopped
- Wash lentils until the water runs clear and drain well.
- Place drained lentils in saucepan, and add just enough hot water to cover and 1 tsp salt.
- Cook open on medium heat, stirring occasionally and scooping away the ‘scum’ that appears on the surface
- Add hot water if required and cook until lentils are soft [you will notice the colour changes to a light yellow]
- Keep aside
- Heat oil in saucepan and hard fry garlic and ginger.
- When brown add onions, reduce heat and cook until golden brown
- Add the spice paste and stir through
- Add diced tomato cook for another 5 minutes
- Add cooked lentils, mix well and simmer, covered, on low heat for 10 minutes [adding hot water if required] so that curry is not too thick. Stir from time to time because lentils tends to stick to pan
- Season with salt if required
- Add eggs with the yolks facing up
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve as a mains with boiled basmati rice or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Lime Pickle or as a side.