- 2 medium brown onions finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 pork trotters cut into quarters
- 1 kg pork collar butt cut into large cubes
- 1 jar VINDALHO MASALA
- 4 Green Chili de-seeded
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander
- Heat oil in slow cooker or pressure cooker, add sliced onions and fry until golden brown
- Add pork and fry until sealed off and brown , stirring occasionally
- Add VINDALHO MASALA and coriander
- Mix well and fry on medium heat for a minute
- Add water – enough to cover meat – and cook as per slow cooker/pressure cooker instructions until meat is falling apart and trotters gooey and soft
- Add chillies and season for salt if required
Serve with boiled basmati rice, sour dough bread or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Lime Pickle.
- Pork trotters (including bone) will soften completely if using pressure cooker with the gravy giving you that delightful sticky fingers feel as you mop it up!
- Add 1kg of cleaned fried chicken liver to impart a distinctive darker flavour to the gravy.
- Garnishes on the side: slivered onions dark browned, salt and chilli powder raw roasted cashews, chopped coriander, julienne of ginger, chopped green chilli.
Serves at least 12-15 people