- 2 medium brown onions finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cubed potatoes
- 1 kg pork belly skin removed diced
- 4 tablespoons VINDALHO CURRY PASTE
- 1 cup Fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 Green Chili de-seeded
Heat oil in saucepan, add sliced onions and fry until golden brown;
Add pork pieces and fry until sealed off and brown, stirring occasionally.
Add VINDALHO CURRY PASTE and coriander.
Mix well and fry gently on medium heat, stirring to prevent sticking. If necessary, sprinkle a little hot water.
When mixture looks “glazed” and has an appetising aroma add water – enough to cover meat – and cook lid on, on low heat until meat is nearly tender.
Add cubed potatoes and simmer on low heat, until cooked. If more gravy is required, add hot water, mix well and simmer briefly.
De-seeded chillies may be added allow to simmer for another 5 minutes
Add salt if required.
Serve with boiled basmati rice or chapatis and Goan Cuisine Spicy Mango Chutney.
- Chicken thighs/pieces on the bone
- Beef brisket cubed cooked in slow cooker
- Lamb forequarter chops fat and skin removed
- Add sweet potato, peas or eggplant