- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 blue swimmer crabs cleaned halved and main claw twisted off
- 2 tablespoons VINDALHO CURRY PASTE (use less for fish)
- Optional: 1 cup fresh chopped coriander
- Optional: 1-2 green chilies de-seeded
Heat oil in broad based pot. Add sliced onions and fry until golden brown.
Add Vindalho Curry Paste and coriander leaves. Mix well and fry gently on low heat, stirring to prevent sticking. If necessary, sprinkle a little water.
When mixture looks “glazed” and has an appetizing aroma,
Fold through crabs
Add 1 cup water and simmer on low heat with lid on until cooked through
Add salt if required – if more gravy required, add hot water, mix well
De-seeded chillies may be added