- 1 1/2 cups Carrots chopped fine and steamed
- 8 Medium potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1 cup Green peas steamed
- 1 cup Corn kernels steamed
- 4 Green chillies de-seeded and chopped fine
- 1 1/2 bunches Fresh coriander chopped
- 9 Wholemeal bread slices soaked in warm water and squeezed completely dry
- 4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 6 tsp Leggo’s Tomato Paste
- Breadcrumbs as required
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp GC Xec Xec Curry Paste
Combine in large bowl: carrots, potatoes, peas, corn, chillies, coriander, bread, salt, flour, tomato paste, egg and GC Xec Xec Curry Paste.
Taste and add salt if required.
Add breadcrumbs gently while mixing the above, until the mixture holds together. [NOTE: Expect the mixture to be ‘sticky’].
Form a medium-sized ball of the mixture in your palm, using breadcrumbs to help shape the pattie. You can also use a spatula to shape the pattie on a cutting-board.
Fry cutlets in shallow oil in non-stick fry pan, only turning gently when one side is well-browned – to prevent patties from breaking up.