- 1kg chicken thighs, skin off
- 1/2 cup red lentils or peeled mung lentils
- 50gms frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- onions, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons Baffad Curry Paste
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar to taste
- Optional – Fresh coriander chopped
- Optional – Green chilli de-seeded and slit in two
Wash lentils in cold water until water runs clear, and drain. Place in saucepan with sufficient water and cook on moderate heat until tender. Scoop off any white scum that surfaces. Keep cooked lentils aside.
Heat oil in saucepan, and fry onions until brown.
Add chicken thighs and brown on low heat.
Add Baffad Curry Paste, mix well and cook on low heat until aromatic. Add hot water to cover and simmer until chicken is cooked.
Add salt to taste.
Stir through the spinach and lentils and simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
Add chopped coriander.