- 1kg chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 100 ml canola oil
- 200 gms diced brown onion
- 3 tablespoons x Tandoori paste
- 2 Lemons
- 200 gms ripe roma tomatoes diced or Crushed canned tomatoes x 1
- 200ml fresh cream
- 1 bunch fresh coriander x 1 bunch washed & chopped (only discard roots/ use stems)
- 2 x fresh green chillies deseeded and chopped
- Garam masala x 1 tablespoon
Marinate chicken thighs in 2 tablespoons tandoori paste, 25 ml of canola oil, juice of lemons and bake in oven at 200 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool and cut into bit size pieces. Set aside.
Fry onions in remaining canola oil in large heavy based pot until golden brown. Add chicken and 1 tablespoon tandoori paste and fry stirring until heated through. Add Garam masala, tomatoes , coriander , fresh green chilli and water to just cover chicken and bring up to heat. Simmer for 20 minutes on low. Add salt to taste and cream and bring up to heat on low flame.