- 1kg chicken thighs skinless on the bone or lamb forequarter chops with fat removed
- 1/2 cup Red lentils
- 250gms frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 Onions, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3 tablespoons Baffad Curry Paste
- Salt to taste
- Optional – Fresh coriander chopped
- Optional – Green chilli de-seeded and slit in tw
Wash lentils in cold water until water runs clear, and drain. Place in saucepan with sufficient water and cook on moderate heat until tender. Scoop off any white scum that surfaces. Keep cooked lentils aside.
Heat oil in saucepan, and sauté onions until golden brown. Add chicken or lamb and brown on low heat. Then add Baffad Curry Paste, mix well and cook on low heat until aromatic. Add salt to taste. Add hot water to cover and simmer until chicken or lamb is tender.
Then stir in the spinach and lentils, mix well and simmer covered for about 10 minutes. Stir in the [optional] chopped coriander.